9/17/2006

Sunday 9/17/06 10:30

I just got back from Fort Plains NY, Saturday evening I was up helping a friend build a new house before winter as they live in the snow belt. I did not do much except tow an enclosed trailer and took 3 carpenters and 2 women and 3 young children with me. It was on my neighbors daughter and her husbands new farm.

They have 7 children and are living in a 12 foot wide two bedroom trailer with a small attached bedroom making it 3 bedrooms total. I slept a a neighbors. It was 305 miles each way and the Ford hardly knew the trailer was back there. I was surprised at the ease with which that 98 V10 handled the load and it only dropped the gas milage by just less than 2 mpg and on the interstates I ran at 70 mph.

I did get some good rest while I was up there but the flies were terible, They have had so much rain everthing is water logged and they also have had to do a lot of grading and have put up new sheds and barns. The farm had not been farmed for about 10 years so there was a lot of stuff (rusted junk) that they buried. Plous the had to put in new sewarge lones and water lines so it has been a big project.

But they seem real happy and the women is always smiling and she is 7 1/2 or 8 months pregnant, So it is a push to get the new place to live done.

Be safe out there and be well.

Bob

No comments: