9/06/2006

Wednesday Morning 9/6

Well I survived the weekend from hell, it stared on Friday morning actually. As I have said before we have friends that have a tent at the Grange Fair in Centre Hall. I was taking my trailer to the fair to let them load all there stuff. There are like Betty and I, All the children have drown up and gotten married, they keep the tent for the grand children. I was using the 93 Dodge, as the Ford was still in the shop, and when I hit the top of the hill it coughed and quit running. I was able to coast it to the bottom of the hill to a spot that was safe and I was able to get completely off the road. It was 7/10 of a mile from the house, mostly up hill. The walk home almost did me in. Of course there was only one key to the rental car and it was on my belt.

When I got home I called the garage and a tow truck ($45). Called the people about not being able to get the trailer to them. Got in the rental car and went down and unhooked the trailer and transferred the stuff that could be stolen from the trailer to the van and in doing so fell and hit my left shoulder on the asphalt, hurt like hell. Then made my appointment 9:30 AM. Friday afternoon I picked up the Ford and returned the rental car. Then I took Betty and Russ to do the monthly shopping. Saturday was rainy and I spent most of the day in bed with a heating pad under the shoulder, it really did help.

Then Sunday morning Russ and I took the first rear seat out of the ford so we could load the carts. I was not sure how I was going to make it work, as the ramp is built to be used from the rear door of the 93 Dodge. I was able to make it work but in the trial and error process, the wooden floor fell on the arches of both feet. The left one was the only one that was really hurt; there is a 2 inch wide black and blue area that goes all the way across the foot from about half way up the toes to about half way up the arch. We got to church and unloaded but the pain started to make me sick to my stomach so we came home early. I am one of those people that is in constant pain due to the Post Polio, so I have a fairly high tolerance for pain. The pain got so bad by about 1:30 PM I took a perqoset (sp) which was a huge mistake. I had such an allergic reaction, upset stomach and a violent case of diarrhea. I took more Imodium than I should have, but finally got it stopped yesterday afternoon, 48 hours of hell.

I have a non fasting blood test on Thursday morning.

I must close for now and go get Betty some cigarettes.

Be safe out there and be well.

Love

Bob

No comments: