8/27/2006

Sunday night 8/27

Well there is something going on today that I am having trouble figuring out. It started with the rain, then when we got to church I was suppose to run the program and the president of the board said she would do it so I could rest and take care of my legs. We had what we call “ Sit and Chat” it really is a small finger food pot luck.

Betty Lee has been writing on her blog for the last 30 minutes so I figured I should at least 10 minutes, but have no idea what I am going to write about. I had a call from Will, one of my mechanics, He wants to buy the Dodge Mini van with the blown transmission, I only will get $50 for It, but the junk yards do not want it, so that will help a little.

We are planning to go to the Grange Fair on Thursday, which is the last day of the fair and also senior’s get in free day. It is also the day of the parade. I really enjoy the fair, I think that this the first year that we will only get there for one day. Usually we get there for at least 2 days most times 3 days. as it is huge 975 large military style tents, 1300 RV’s a playground, 300 concessions, amusement rides, over 7000 exhibit items, livestock, horse shows, and draws crowds in excess of over 200,000. They have nationally known entertainers appearing in the grandstands nightly it runs from the 24th of August till the 31st of August, but they started allowing people to start moving stuff in on Sunday the 20th. We have friends that have a tent and most of the family, grand parent’s tent and all 4 generations stay there most of the time, especially the kids.

Then the following week is the Antique Machinery Show and Flea Market at the Penns Cave grounds, it runs from the 7th thru the 10th. I usually go to stock up on those hard to find items for the shop. Special screws, bolts, fasteners, tie downs etc. It is also great to watch the steam driven tractors and hit and miss engines and many other antique engines plus many different machines.

I am having trouble wit both shoulders I think it is a touch arthritis. My legs seem to be doing a little better. I have been taking an extra vitamin 4 evening a week and an iron pill daily. I seem to have a little more energy and stamina, which is a real good thing.

I am scanning the brochure for the grange and will add it to this Blog.



Be safe out there and be well

Love

Bob

No comments: