8/15/2006

My life as I remember it # 4

I think in the last post I told you about getting the contract to feed the truck drivers for another company. We did this for a year and then all of a sudden I could not get my Visa renewed. As in most foreign countries to open a business you must have a local partner and as in most third world countries politics and all government agencies run on bribes. The Farolito had about $60,000 in antiques in it, Which I knew I could not remove from Argentina, it does not alow the export of antiques. and was making over $6,000 a month profit so they wanted it all. They said that they would send me a $1,000 a month for 60 months. I received one payment.

And had to sneak out the back door. As I did not find out till the last day of my Visa that it was not going to get it renewed, and the banks were closed and I wanted the last weeks recipts $3,200 I waited till morning and bribed my way into Paraguay and the took a licking on getting the US dollars converted to buy a ticket. In Argentina to buy an international ticket it had to be paid for in US dollars but Paraguay it was with the local currency. A $700 ticket cost me $1,200 at the offical exchange rate. So when I arrived in New Orleans I had $150 left of the $3,200. And when I arrived in State College PA I had $25 left.

I will try and write more tomorrow. Please excuse the spelling errors as I usually writ this in Microsoft word and cut and paste it into the blog after I spell and grammer check it and with all the problems with logging into this blog Iwas afraid to try and do this.

Be safe out there and be well

Bob

No comments: