8/22/2006

Saturday evening 8/22

One of my Amish neibhors called tonight and said I know you are not driving any more but could you please take my wife and I to the midwife’s as she is in labor. I said sure as I knew the next closes person was at least 10 miles down the road, and the already had a few kids. About half way there she said we are not going to make it. Her husband called the midwife to meet us on the road. The midwife met us about 2/3 of the way there. She transferred an assistant and towels and blankets to my van (which took less than a minute) and I was off again 80 to 85 miles per hour again. We arrived at the clinic at 7:20 and at 7:23 he came out and said it’s a boy, he was born about a minute and a half ago. Damn I miss the excitement of driving these people. By 9:30 I was home again and we had stopped at her fathers to show him and his wife the baby. The mother sat up and joked all the way home about how she had scared me and her husband. The clinic is about 36 miles from my house on winding hwy 192 near Miflinburg PA. It is a pretty drive the top speed limit is 55 but most of it is posted at 45 and some at 40, so 80 to 85 was pushing the limits for that 15 passenger van. They gave me a $50 for taking them.

As I wrote earlier the damn income tax check did not come in. My original filing was the last week of February. They said they had not received one form, and I know it was there, because if it was not they would apply my refund to an old tax bill of Betty’s from before we were married. So I always check for it. I resent the form and they sent it back saying it was not needed, then I was told to resend the whole income tax 1040 and all attachments again which I did the a few days later I received another letter saying to send the injured spouse form again attached to this letter Which I also did. Then I started checking on line again on the status of my return, they kept telling me even up to today that I would receive it by 22 August, they lied. So this is where it stands after 6 months, I filed a claim the advocate general today this will even fix it or make it worse and probably get me audited next year.

Well be safe out there and be well

Love

Bob

1 comment:

Uplinktruck said...

Good for you Bob. Are you certain you want to give it up.